Order ?CHAETETIDA, Ordovician- Eocene. Colonies ceroid, phaceloid with closely spaced corallites. Corallites are very slender. Pores present in rare occasions as in one Carboniferous family. Septal spinules are present in one Cretaceous genus and otherwise are absent. Increase is bipartite, complete or incomplete or also offsets rise intramurally sometimes. Representatives of ?Desmidoporidae and ?Tiverinidae are found in Baltoscandia (Nodulipora, Barrandeolites bowerbanki). The taxonomy is not revised. Chaetetid and coralline sponge relationships are unclear. Sponges Solenoporaceae have no fibrous wall structures as trabeculae or spherulites.
Selection of related publications
- . 10th International Symposium on Fossil Cnidaria and Porifera. Excursion B2: Lower Paleozoic geology and corals of Estonia. Excursion Guidebook
- . The tabulate communities and biozones of the East Baltic Silurian.
- . The Tabulate corals of Jaani and Jaagarahu Stages (Wenlockian, Estonia) and their Biozones
- . Desmidopora and Nodulipora: misfits in the coral world
- . Tabulate and heliolitid corals
- . The incommunicate tabulata of Estonia
- . Beschreibung einiger obersilurischer Korallen aus der Insel Gotland